Plugged In Live 2012: A Concert Streamed Around the World!
On May 19, 2012 a monumental performance is taking place. Plugged In Live, one of Plugged In’s largest annual fundraisers gives our students the opportunity to take their performances out of the band room and local venues and broadcast it across the state, country and world. Plugged In Live is more than a regular performance because EVERYONE gets a front-row seat! Featuring more than 30 different Plugged In bands, each band’s performance will be streamed live on the internet in 10-minute sets for the entire 8 hour show. Friends, family and supporters from around the world have the opportunity to view the performance live or after the event at Plugged In’s pay-per-view site, www.pluggedinband.tv.
Above and beyond the performance Plugged In Live provides students with the opportunity to learn more about funding their creative endeavors. Getting business sponsors, exciting a fan base, encouraging audiences to provide support and securing a full house are all important aspects of starting and sustaining a band – just like they are important to running an organization like Plugged In. Through hard work, student participation in both performance and securing financial donations and all of the friends, family and supporters in our community we hope that this year’s Plugged In Live event will be the biggest one ever!
Supporting Plugged In Live is the best way of ensuring Plugged In remains accessible to everyone in our community including those in financial hardship. Every year we must raise a significant portion of our revenue from sources other than tuition. Grants, business sponsorships, individual donations and fund raising events like Plugged In Live are critical to our ability to offer such high level programming to such a broad range of students. You can help this fund raiser reach and exceed its goals by making a financial donation or donating some of your time to help garner local support.
Last year Plugged In Live had a goal of raising $3000.00 and instead we raised over $5000.00, most in small donations from our community. This year we’ve set our goal at $5000.00 and we know we can do it!
Donate whatever amount fits your budget. Whatever donation is right for you, $10, $25, $75, every dollar helps! Share you stories and memories of Plugged In with friends and family and ask them to make a donation. If you believe that Plugged In plays a valuable role in your community than please do your part to make sure that Plugged In continues to thrive.
Here are some ways you can help to support Plugged In starting TODAY!
1. MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION to Plugged In at http://www.gofundme.com/pluggedinlive2012. Last year the Plugged In Youth Board set a fund raising goal of $3000 in online donations. Thanks to you we exceeded the goal. This year the goal is set at $5000 and we know we can do it! Remember that ANY donation helps!
2. POST ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER and ask your friends and family to donate to Plugged In at http://www.gofundme.com/pluggedinlive2012. Ask them to post the fundraising link on Facebook and twitter, too! Use this simple Sample Script to make asking friends and family easy as copy and paste!
3. STUDENT PARTICIPATION is key to the success of Plugged In Live 2012; participation in the performance and also the fundraising. If each student raised $20 from friends that would be over $2500 in donations! For a cheat sheet and donation tracker form for use in taking cash donations Click Here.
4. HAVE YOUR BUSINESS SPONSOR Plugged In Live. Click Here for more information on becoming a sponsor or contact Dan Croft at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. WATCH PLUGGED IN LIVE on May 19 and/or DOWNLOAD the concert after the event. For $10, you can watch the concert online by clicking on a pay-per-view link, which we will be posting later. You’ll want to be sure to send the pay-per-view link to friends and family all over the world!
Thanks to the following businesses and individuals for supporting Plugged In Live 2012
BAND LEVEL SPONSORS
Mary Pugh Clark
The Winston Family
The Lynch Family
The Royden Colgrove Family
Debbie and Michael Knight
Daryl & Linda Evans
Katherine R. Zeitz
Deborah Dean and Bruce Montgomery
Maureen and Doug Olsen
The Baum Family
Jon and Ami Gordon
Jen King and Dan Maranci
The Matejka Family
The Korzec Family
Laurel and Howie Salend
Michelle and David Roover
The Nicholl family
Steve & Pamela Schernecker
Susan Messinger and Robert Muller
Lonni & Steve Campbell
Amy and Bo Veaner
Blair Van Brunt
Jen & Mike Green
Kenny and Joanna Raskin
Josh Kastorf and Dan Croft
A Very Special Thank You to
Cody, Becky and James from the local band, Argyle Coast!
“We raised this money from our high school senior project. We wrote, performed and recorded songs for a CD – and sold it to raise money for Plugged In Live.”